TJ is a founder of Jackson River and blogs about nonprofit technology, CRM, Drupal and life in Austin. At work, TJ helps clients launch websites, migrate databases, integrate systems and navigate the technology landscape. At home, he pretends to be a dinosaur with his son Eamon and daughter Hazel.
IFAW Launches on Springboard
The International Fund for Animal Welfare was in need of a new look and platform to support their international advocacy and fundraising work. With help from a stellar design by Provokateur, we helped bring IFAW into the world of Drupal and Salesforce powering over 10 distinct sites, in multiple languages, with fundraising in a variety of currencies and payment methods as well as an integration with Engaging Networks for advocacy. In addition, IFAW partnered with Acquia providing them a scalable, secure and enterprise level hosting environment in the cloud.
The primary elements of the project were:
- Migrating 10+ Blackbaud Sphere accounts into a single Salesforce instance
- Site redesign*, Drupal build and content migration
- Implementation of new mail tools (Silverpop)
- Extending Springboard to handle a new gateway, multiple currencies and multiple, internationalized payment methods
- Integration between Salesforce and Team Approach via Jitterbit
- Advocacy integration with Engaging Networks
- and so much more that it's not worth listing, but if you want to email me I can talk your ear off about it
* I'm probably not doing the redesign justice here, it was a tremendous effort by Provokateur and IFAW that included a complete content overhaul, new taxonomy, IA, etc.
At the core of it all is Springboard, powering both the complex fundraising needs of an international organization as well as integration with external tools for advocacy, email, CRM and donor management. IFAW had already found that there were no ready-made software applications available in the marketplace to meet their specific needs and looked for our help to compile a best of breed solution with Springboard. As the project progressed, IFAW began to embrace the benefits of the best of breed solution more and more. Here we are now at launch +3 months and IFAW is thinking of new ways to grow and extend the platform.
For me personally, this has been an incredible experience, but at the end of the day, this was a team effort from day one and were it not for the the incredible teams at IFAW, Provokateur, Engaging Networks and Acquia, the project wouldn't have succeeded.
Thanks to all for helping build an exciting, engaging web presence and platform that supports IFAW’s work in helping animals in crisis world wide!